Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Hymn For The Week: Take My Life and Let It Be


Take My Life and Let It Be 


"Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ." Philippians 3: 8

Although hymnist Frances Havergal, 36, had served the Lord for years, she felt something was missing in her Christian experience. Then one day in 1873, she received a little book called, "All for Jesus," which stressed the importance of making Christ the King of every corner and cubicle of one's life. Soon thereafter, she made a fresh and complete consecration of herself to Christ.

Years later when asked about it, she replied, Yes it was on Advent Sunday, December 2, 1873, I first saw clearly the blessedness of true consecration. I saw it as a flash of electric light, and what you see you can never un-see. There must be full surrender before there can be full blessedness." 

Not long afterward, she found herself spending several days with ten people in a house, some of them unconverted. Others were Christians, bur not fully surrendered to Christ. "Lord, give me all in this house," she prayed. She went to work witnessing, and before she left, all ten were yielded Christians. On the last night of her visit, Frances-too excited to sleep-wrote this great consecration hymn, "Take My Life..."

Have you given your whole life-everything-over to Jesus? Why not make this the date of your own complete consecration?

No comments: