Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

More Sayings and Verses from my Great Grandparents

Here are more sayings and verses from my Great Grandparents.

We mutter and sputter, we fume and we spurt.
We mumble and grumble; our feelings get hurt.
We can't understand things; our vision grows dim.
When all that we need is a moment with Him.

Words may tear our lives apart, bring us stormy weather;
a compliment tucked in the heart can heal it back together.

The greatest love mankind will ever experience is God's eternal love.

What sort of church would our church be if every member were just like me?

A smile is a language understood by all persons.

A gentle answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up wrath.  Proverbs 15: 1

It is good to give thanks to the Lord, And to sing praises to Your name, O Most High. Psalms 92: 1

Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect. Romans 12: 1-2

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

There is a way which seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death. Proverbs 14: 12

 But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust. Then when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death. James 1: 14-15

For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, weather thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities all things have been created through Him and of Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. Colossians 1: 16-17

For if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live. Romans 8:13

Abide in me and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. John 15: 4-5

Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful. John 14: 27

But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 4: 18

My son, give attention to my words. Incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them depart from your sight; Keep them in the midst of your heart. Proverbs 4: 20-21




I hope you liked the sayings and verses. I like the picture of the waterfall, which reminds me of God's creation.

No comments: