Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Soldier of the Cross

Am I a Soldier of the Cross?


Am I a soldier of the cross? A follower of the Lamb?

And shall I fear to own His cause Or blush to speak His name?

Must I be carried to the skies on flowery beds of ease, While others fought to win the prize And sailed thur bloody seas?

Are there no foes for me to face? Must I not stem the flood? Is this vile world a friend to grace, To help me on to God?

Sure I fight if I would reign in crease my courage, Lord! I'll bear the toil, endure the pain, Supported by Thy Word.

This song was written by Thomas A. Arne. 1710 - 1778
I like this song because it shows how we can be supported by God through our trials.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You selected a good hymn. The Lord allows trials our lives for His purposes and we can trust Him in the face of uncertainty. Good choice!