Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

I've Found a Friend

I've Found a Friend

I've found a Friend, O such a Friend! He lived me ere I knew Him;
He drew me with the cords of love, And thus He bound me to Him.
And round my heart still closely twine, Those ties which naught can sever,
For I am His and He is mine, Forever and forever.

I've found a Friend, O such a friend! He bled, He died to save me;
And not alone the gift of life, But His own self He gave me.
Naught that I have my own I call, I hold it for the Giver:
My heart, my strength, my life, my all are His and His forever.

I've found a Friend, O such a Friend! All power to Him is given.
To guard me on my onward course, And ring me safe to heaven.
The eternal glories gleam afar, To nerve my faint endeavor:
So now to watch, to work, to war, And then to rest forever.

I've found a Friend, O such a Friend! So kind and true and tender,
So whose a Counsellor and Guide, So mighty a Defender!
From Him who loves me now so well, What power my soul can sever?
Shall life or death or earth or hell? No I am his forever.

Written by James G. Small, 1817 - 1888.
I like this hymn, because it shows how you are so dedicated to God. I am glad that I am also His. I hope you are too.

No comments: